July 25, 2006

Ad Nauseam

Reason number 8,459,362 why I hate American Idol: It is repsonsible for foisting upon the world that asshole in those infernal Ford commercials that seem to be in permanent rotation on EVERY fucking show I watch. Seriously, that guy is haunting my nightmares.

And can someone explain to me these Pepsi ads with Jay Mohr and Jackie Chan? I guess the whole Coke-acting-as-stunt-double for Pepsi is supposed to imply...what? That Pepsi is just too cool, or too valuable, or...something? But what it says to me is that Coke is the soda for tough guys, and Pepsi is for wimps. Doesn't seem like the best marketing strategy to me, but what do I know.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

6 comments:

On 7/25/2006 4:21 PM, Blogger Dweeze said:

Ooooh but Taylor is so cool you jus tdont appreciate how cool he is who are you to be a hater on Taylor Soul Patrol! Soul Patrol! Soul Patrol! the sould patrol will come and hunt you downe and make you by all his cds.

Kill. Him. Now.

 
On 7/25/2006 4:31 PM, Blogger Jolene said:

Dweeze, good to see you weren't a fan. Because if I knew you had been responsible for voting for him, I might have to hurt you.

Also, right now I am very thankful that you can't find my blog by Google.

 
On 7/26/2006 9:55 AM, Blogger Dweeze said:

No doubt.

And it might be fun to have you hurt me. Just sayin'.

 
On 7/31/2006 3:21 PM, Blogger gothmog said:

Ok, I'm down with 8,459,361 reasons to hate American Idol, but 8,459,362 is just overkill.

 
On 8/01/2006 6:51 PM, Blogger Monstah said:

Well at least you have gotten far away from 1-800-54-GIANT. :P

I was not a Taylor gal myself. Actually, I watch but never, ever vote. I guess if I ever got the urge to vote, I would ask someone to remind me that as a 36 year old woman, I really should have better things to do with my time. (Sorry. Bad syntax, I know)

Good to see the blog updated! I was all set to come over here with a stick and poke you to see if you were still alive.

So. Still digging The OC?

 
On 8/16/2006 9:11 AM, Blogger HistoryDetective said:

Ditto

and

Ditto

 

Post a Comment

<< Home