March 25, 2005

Ugrh

I hate falling asleep when I don't mean to. Last night, I feel asleep watching TV. At first, I thought I had only missed ER, but then this morning I realized I had also missed The Office. Fell asleep a few minutes past 9, woke up two hours later. I really wanted to watch The Office, too. The commercials seemed funny, and I read a review that said it was at least better than all the other sitcoms on TV right now (not a ringing endorsement, but still promising). I wasn't sure if the show would be any good, but I at least wanted to give it a shot. Normally I wouldn't care that I missed ER - it's sucked for years, but I still keep watching it out of habit. But yesterday? Sharif Atkins came back. He was one of the few good reasons to watch. And apparently he did the deed with Neela, which means he probably took his shirt off, which...anyway.

I really do have a problem with this falling alseep thing. It happens in cars a lot. I've missed my stop on the subway because I fell asleep. I fall asleep watching TV and movies all the time. It happened when I watched High Fidelity. It's happened twice with the Usual Suspects - I still have never seen it in its entirety. The worst was The Crying Game, when I fell asleep IN THE THEATER. Know when I woke up? Right after The Big Reveal, because of all the noise from the crowd. We had this Japanese guy with us who didn't speak very much English, and after the movie, he was all, can someone please explain that movie to me? And I was all, um, I fell asleep. And this other guy was like, dude, just see it with subtitles when you go back to Japan.

Speaking of movies, I am thinking of temporarily quitting Netflix. This pains me so, because I love seeing the red envelopes in the mailbox. But the next four months of my life are going to be kind of hellishly busy, and I know I can't afford to be watching movies. So sad. Goodbye, movies.

Labels: , , ,

15 comments:

On 7/29/2005 1:27 PM, Anonymous skippy said:

truly, you didn't miss anything by missing the office.

the british version was so much better.

and i like steve corell. but this just didn't do it for me.

it was so bad that life on a stick over on fox at the same time was better.

03.27.05 - 2:11 am

 
On 7/29/2005 1:28 PM, Anonymous Wheezy said:

Jolene, don't give up the red envelopes! Just order movies you've already seen, and send them back.

;)

03.27.05 - 9:36 am

 
On 7/29/2005 1:30 PM, Blogger Jolene said:

Heh heh, good idea!

Although I think it might be cheaper to just to buy a box of red envelopes and send them to myself...

And thanks, skippy! Good to know I didn't miss anything. I have the UK version in my Netflix queue...oh. Well, I guess I'll watch it in about four months.

And wow, I am honored to have a comment from the best bush kangaroo in blogtopia. (yes! he coined that phrase!) :)

03.27.05 - 10:14 am

 
On 7/29/2005 1:31 PM, Anonymous skippy said:

the british version is far superior.

and be sure to get the "office christmas special" after you've watched both seasons.

it's a nice resolution to the plots.

ps, feel free to use "you've major disaster, now lie in it."

03.27.05 - 4:39 pm

 
On 7/29/2005 1:33 PM, Anonymous Rowan said:

Came across your blog through the "next blog" button and thought I'd say hello :)

03.27.05 - 5:56 pm

 
On 7/29/2005 1:33 PM, Anonymous Barefoot said:

I too like Rowan came accross your blogg in the same way. I also think the british version of the office rocks, but it does make me cringe, but that part of the genius. Do you sleep well at night cause falling asleep in the day/eve like that is a symptom of not reaching the right level of sleep for the right amount of time. Or it could be an allergy to wheat or something if it happens after eating. Have a great day. God bless you...

03.27.05 - 6:12 pm

 
On 7/29/2005 1:34 PM, Blogger Jolene said:

Hi everyone! Welcome, take a look around.

I think the falling asleep is just a general symptom of never getting enough sleep. It's been a problem my whole life - just not enough hours in the day.

03.27.05 - 7:16 pm

 
On 7/29/2005 1:35 PM, Anonymous Dweeze said:

You'll let anyone in here, won't you?

Of course, that's a good thing for me.

03.28.05 - 11:43 am

 
On 7/29/2005 1:36 PM, Blogger Jolene said:

I'm big time now, baby.

03.28.05 - 12:42 pm

 
On 7/29/2005 1:36 PM, Anonymous Dweeze said:

And to think that I knew you when...

03.28.05 - 4:09 pm

 
On 7/29/2005 1:37 PM, Blogger Jolene said:

Dweeze, I promise you'll be the first one I thank when I give my Oscar acceptance speech.

(For what, you ask? Well, someday, mark my words, they will give out an Oscar for Best Blog That Occasionally Mentions Movies, If Only In Passing. What? It could happen.)

03.28.05 - 4:36 pm

 
On 7/29/2005 1:38 PM, Anonymous Dweeze said:

Right. You're going to thank Chad Lowe first...

03.29.05 - 9:56 am

 
On 7/29/2005 1:39 PM, Blogger Jolene said:

Actually no. Truth is, we're getting a divorce. He won't be in the picture anymore.

03.29.05 - 11:24 am

 
On 7/29/2005 1:40 PM, Anonymous Dweeze said:

I didn't think Chad Lowe had ever been in any pictures...

03.29.05 - 12:29 pm

 
On 7/29/2005 1:40 PM, Blogger Jolene said:

Hmm. Good point.

03.29.05 - 1:10 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home