March 15, 2005

Are people really this stupid?

Wait, don't answer that.

I stopped in to my local Finagle-A-Bagel today, and they have this thing now where they'll scoop out part of the bagel for you. Why would they do this?

"25% fewer calories! 25% fewer carbs!"

No shit. That's what happens when you make something 25% smaller. Like, if a bagel is too much for you, just don't eat the last quarter of it, dumbasses of the world. (Granted, I don't think they charge you extra for this service, because then it would really be outrageous, but still, it's stupid.)

I could actually see a possible benefit to scooping out the bagel - it would make bagel sandwiches easier to eat, because the filling(s) wouldn't slide around so much. But they're not promoting it as such; they're promoting it as some sort of crass weight-loss benefit. Jeebus.

Labels: , ,

3 comments:

On 3/15/2005 7:06 PM, Blogger sideshow bob said:

Couldn't they just make them with bigger holes? What is a bagel without a hole? I think I would call it a chew-roll.

 
On 3/16/2005 5:57 AM, Blogger Zen Angel said:

I can't remember the last time I laughed so hard.

 
On 3/16/2005 9:47 AM, Blogger Jolene said:

Wow, thanks Zen Angel! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home