December 22, 2004

Offensive, but not in the way you'd think

Ignoring the whole debate over whether or not you think confederate flag fetishes are justified as celebrations of southern heritage (although I think you can probably tell from what I just said what I myself think), as well as the question of whether this girl should have been allowed to wear the dress (I actually think she should have been), let's get to the real issue here, which is, could there possibly be anything tackier than a confederate flag prom dress?

Labels: ,

5 comments:

On 12/23/2004 10:31 AM, Blogger Dweeze said:

A Confederate flag bustier? Confederate flag edible thong? I can probably riff all day on things that are tackier than a Confederate flag prom dress...

 
On 12/23/2004 12:23 PM, Blogger Jolene said:

As much as it pains me to do so, I think I have to respectfully disagree. I think the tackiness is directly proportional to the total fabric area. So a dress would therefore be the most tacky. The offense here is not to the flag (like I would care about that), but to fashion itself!

 
On 12/23/2004 2:11 PM, Blogger Jolene said:

Rereading it, I'm not sure my last comment made sense (strangely, or maybe not, that's a thought I often have). What I think I meant to say was that I wasn't worried about offending the flag itself (that is, "descrating" it, if that is even possible, and also, it's not like offending the confederate flag is necessarily a bad thing). I was worred about what a fashion crime this was. Something like that. I need a nap.

 
On 12/23/2004 5:45 PM, Blogger Dweeze said:

You came through clear in the first post. I just respectfully disagree. I think the true tackiness is in the use of the con-flag-made clothing. Hence the thong may be the tackiest.

Or a wedding dress.

 
On 12/26/2004 4:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said:

Wait, wait, wait... you're both missing the worst part! [ironically, this may also be the best part] The sequins, for christ's sake... look how many sequins! It's almost breathtaking, in a way... [ahhhh]

.thatmathrkid.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home