August 20, 2007

A mystery wrapped in a twinkie

I can't remember if I've actually seen Basic Instinct, or just seen/heard so much about it that I think I've seen it, but anyway, everyone knows about the most famous scene, the one with Sharon Stone uncrossing her legs.

So, I'm watching this IFC show on sex scenes and censorship in movies, and they mention Basic Instinct, and of course they show that scene. And what I totally didn't know or remember was that the guy interrogating her in that scene is...Newman from Seinfeld. Seriously. Of course, it was before he was well-known as Newman, but still. I don't know, maybe everyone knew that, but I didn't, and it takes the whole thing to a weird, surreal level. Like, I'm imagining him interrogating her as Newman.

Hello, Sharon...

Labels: , , ,

3 comments:

On 8/22/2007 1:40 AM, Blogger Dweeze said:

Unfortunately, or perhaps fortunately, you've already taken the only joke one can make in response to this information. How do you feel when watching the original Jurassic Park?

Hello, Raptor...

Wait. That's right. You're not one of us. (Geeks, that is.) You've probably never seen it.

 
On 8/22/2007 12:08 PM, Blogger Jolene said:

Heh heh, you know me too well. Nope, haven't seen it.

 
On 8/22/2007 12:09 PM, Blogger Jolene said:

By the way, I only just now noticed my comments are still on Eastern time. I suppose maybe at some point at should change that.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home