April 25, 2005

Serious Poll Question

Dear readers: I have a dilemma. One of my favorite bands ever, the Trashcan Sinatras, is playing a concert tonight. I forgot about it until this morning. So my question is, assuming there are still tickets available (probably), should I go?

Facts to consider:

*I got about three hours of sleep last night.

*It probably won't be over till at least 10 or later. (It's been so long since I've been to a concert, I can't remember how late they tend to go. The opening band is on at 7, for what that's worth.)

*It is very far from my apartment, at least in terms of available transportation, meaning more time getting home, and less time sleeping.

*I have a shitload of work to do, and I will have to be at work tomorrow morning, so I probably should not be going out.

*They are one of my favorite bands ever. I have only ever seen them live once, when I was in college, and I think, though I am not sure, that this is only the third time they've toured the U.S. It's entirely possible that they will never be back.

So...should I go? I know I shouldn't, but it will break my heart not to. If the circumstances were the same, and it was your favorite band ever, would you go?

UPDATE: Okay, I have decided to close the polls early, as I was warned by the woman at the club that tickets were selling quickly, and might sell out (which could be bullshit, but I have no way of knowing). With one vote, Dweeze has picked a winner, and I have decided to go. I may be comatose tomorrow (and I wouldn't bet against me falling asleep at the actual concert), but that's the price I'll have to pay. The one thing that's bumming me out is that I forgot my iPod at home, and I don't know the songs on the newest album very well, so it would have been nice to listen to it before going to the concert. Oh well, not much I can do about it now.

Labels: ,

13 comments:

On 7/30/2005 12:43 AM, Anonymous Dweeze said:

Yes. I could have gone to see Marshall Crenshaw a couple of years back and chose not to. I regret that decision.

04.25.05 - 1:00 pm

 
On 7/30/2005 12:43 AM, Blogger Jolene said:

Hey, I know a Marshall Crenshaw song! Try to guess which one.

04.25.05 - 2:35 pm

 
On 7/30/2005 12:44 AM, Anonymous Gothmog said:

what, so you close the polls before even get a chance to vote?

You just want me to feel at home, being from Ohio and all, didn't you?

For the record, I would have said get your @ss down to that concert, but it's nice to know you can be trusted to do the right thing, even after only getting advice from Dweeze.

04.25.05 - 2:45 pm

 
On 7/30/2005 12:45 AM, Blogger Jolene said:

Goth, you snooze, you lose. Welcome to George Bush's America. You can file your input as a provisional ballot, but I suspect the Republican poll thugs will reject it.

But I'm glad the consensus is unanimous, so far.

04.25.05 - 3:32 pm

 
On 7/30/2005 12:45 AM, Anonymous Dweeze said:

Someday Someway? You're My Favorite Waste Of Time? T.M.D.?

04.25.05 - 5:02 pm

 
On 7/30/2005 12:47 AM, Blogger Jolene said:

Yes! Someday Someway! You win...my everlasting adoration. You can't put a price on that, by the way.

Only thing is, now it's stick in my head, and I wish I had my effin' iPod here so I could listen to the real thing.

04.25.05 - 5:20 pm

 
On 7/30/2005 12:48 AM, Anonymous Gothmog said:

You should see someone about that stick in your head.

Just sayin

04.25.05 - 6:36 pm

 
On 7/30/2005 12:49 AM, Blogger Jolene said:

*snerk*

As always, took me a minute to figure out what you are talking about. At least it's not a stick in my nose. Did you know when I was a little kid, I got a purple crayon stuck in my nose? I had to go to the doctor to get it removed. No, I don't know why I stuck it up there, but I think it probably explains a lot of things.

04.25.05 - 6:43 pm

 
On 7/30/2005 12:59 AM, Anonymous Kim said:

I would have told you to go. You only live once, you know. I'm still pissed that Rob Thomas isn't touring in this area. Goth didn't even go watch him and give me a report on the concert. What kind of friend is THAT?

04.25.05 - 7:16 pm

 
On 7/30/2005 1:00 AM, Anonymous Pam said:

I'm glad you're going, cause I can say with much certainty, that I would have wimped out and gone home. Not only am I old, I act old. It sucks.

04.25.05 - 11:21 pm

 
On 7/30/2005 1:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said:

Ethan loves the book "Jolene and the Purple Crayon". He also loves "Goodnight, Goth".

04.25.05 - 11:31 pm

 
On 7/30/2005 1:02 AM, Blogger Jolene said:

Of course he would. :)

(Dweeze, is that you?)

04.26.05 - 12:06 am

 
On 7/30/2005 1:02 AM, Anonymous Dweeze said:

Wonder why that didn't show up? Probably cause I posted the comment from home.

04.26.05 - 9:40 am

 

Post a Comment

<< Home