November 09, 2004

Hello, Hellooooo.... Is this thing on?

Good lord, it's been so long since I posted on this thing that the entire Blogger interface has completely changed. And I'm missing several months' worth of archives because, well, there wasn't anything to archive. Kind of sad, really. I don't even know what prompted me to post right now, other than I am working on some exceptionally boring stuff at work (I mean, even more boring than usual), and suddenly decided that this was the distraction I needed.

In addition to being bored, I'm in a pissy mood because I have been suffering all day from various wardrobe malfunctions and bad hair.

First, the sweater. The dry cleaner decided that it would be cute to shrink it so that it is now too small (and yet I wore it anyway. I don't know). Normally, my first thought would be, upon finding my clothes too small, that I had just gotten too fat. But here's the thing - I own two of these sweaters. They're identical, except for the color. I brought them to the dry cleaner at the same time, and picked them up at the same time. And the other one didn't shrink. I don't know what they did to it, but they fucking shrunk a cashmere sweater, and that MAKES ME MAD. It's not the first time, either. I have a pair of lined wool pants where they shrunk the pants part but not the lining part, so now the lining sticks out a half-inch from the bottom. The hell? The simple solution would be, of course, to switch to a different dry cleaner, but this one is right near my house, and it's too inconvenient to go to another (I'd have to walk there). Or I just like complaining.

Anyway, moving on. The pants. I was sitting cross-legged in my chair at my desk, and happened to look down and notice that about an inch worth of seam in the crotch of my pants had decided to open itself up to the world. Thankfully I was wearing underwear. Thankfully also you could not really see it as long as I was standing or sitting normally. Seriously, Ann Taylor, whither the quality? I paid a lot of money for these pants, and I haven't worn them very many times. That shit should not happen.

And then the hair. I don't know if it's the weather today, or if the water quality suddenly changed, or what, but my hair is awful today. I can't remember when it's ever been this flat. I normally don't have big hair no matter what I do to it, but this is ridiculous. It's hard to describe if you don't know me, but it's bad, bad hair. Very bad.

In housekeeping news, I'm updating the links to take out some broken ones and add some new ones. I've finally admitted to myself that I do actually read the political blogs, so I'm breaking down and adding them. I still don't want to discuss politics, but now it's more because I'm just too depressed about things. All I'll say is that if the Northeast, Upper Midwest, and West Coast want to secede and form their own new country, or, say, join Canada, I would have an awful hard time being opposed to it.

Labels: , ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home