August 24, 2005

Because I am incapable of just letting things be

I'm like a fucking drug addict. I can't help it.

Which is to say, I'm messing around with the template again, so if things look wonky for a little while, that's why.

UPDATE: Okay, I think I'm done. I like it. Not that I necessarily hated it before, but I realized my problem is that I don't like using the default Blogger templates because I don't like having the exact same design as zillions of other blogs out there. I need something that's all my own.

And thus concludes the latest episode of Jolene Changes Her Template AGAIN And Tells You About It AGAIN Because It's Not Like You Don't Already Have Enough Reasons To Want To Kill Yourself Over The Monotony Of It All Because You Can't Tell If She's Ever Going To Write Anything Worth Reading Ever Again.

UPDATE UPDATE: I was just adding a few more links, and I noticed that I don't know the fucking alphabet. Like, I apparently thought G came before F. I have no idea what THAT was all about.

UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE: I forgot to add, now that I'm done, that if the blog looks like shit, please tell me. I looked at it in three different browsers, but I'm sure someone will come along with some wacky alien browser and tell me something's amiss. And I would like to know if that happens. Thank you muchly.

Labels: ,

17 comments:

On 8/24/2005 2:02 PM, Blogger Immunegirl said:

How come when you mess with your template, it still looks cool, while when I mess with my template it looks like a mess? Oh well.

 
On 8/24/2005 2:36 PM, Blogger kl said:

I thought you were wonky anyway so I haven't stressed at all. *laughs*

 
On 8/24/2005 3:53 PM, Blogger Jolene said:

Thanks, KL, I think. :)

Iggy, lots and lots and lots of trial and error. I've done this enough now that I can comb through the template and figure out where the tweaking needs to be done and how to do it, but I still am limited by the basic structure of original template, since I don't really know HTML. Also, I do almost everything on a separate dummy blog so I can test the changes out without worrying that I'll screw anything up.

 
On 8/24/2005 5:07 PM, Blogger gothmog said:

Regarding your subheading:

Who is Joy? Who is Truly? Is that Truly Scrumptious? Is this a Chitty Chitty Bang Bang blog? Or is it just a Chitty blog?

Back to Joy--when do we get to read her? What about Truly? Does she get to read Joy to? Or do we get to read both Joy and Truly?

I cannot manage to parse the grammar there to figure out your meaning. Please do not leave me in suspense and answer my important questions ASAP.

 
On 8/24/2005 5:09 PM, Blogger gothmog said:

Oh, and btw, I've never fucked a drug addict--what's it like?

 
On 8/24/2005 8:38 PM, Blogger Jolene said:

Goth, step away from the drugs. (And you do actually know where that came from, don't you? And also, I feel like I'm missing something here. Remember when that used to happen all the time, and you always had to explain jokes to me? Those were the days.)

Oh, and remember, I'm the drug addict in this scenario, so I'm not the one who can answer your questions.

 
On 8/24/2005 9:22 PM, Blogger kl said:

*smooches* Wonky is good.

 
On 8/24/2005 10:56 PM, Blogger gothmog said:

You know I love a good episode of JCHTAATYAIABINLYDAHERTWTKYOTMOIABYCTISEGTWAWREA.

Oh, and? Feel free to ask for explanations anytime. It's the risk I usually run, making jokes that virtually nobody else understands.

 
On 8/24/2005 11:02 PM, Blogger Jolene said:

I love that you actually took the time to reduce that to an acronym. And speaking of acronyms, and of explanations, I just sent you an email regarding same. How timely.

 
On 8/25/2005 1:07 PM, Blogger Dweeze said:

I have no idea what you two are talking about.

 
On 8/25/2005 2:05 PM, Blogger Jolene said:

Don't worry, neither do I.

 
On 8/25/2005 2:30 PM, Blogger gothmog said:

That makes three of us.

 
On 8/25/2005 9:28 PM, Blogger Monstah said:

Stop picking at it.

 
On 8/25/2005 11:25 PM, Blogger Jolene said:

Yes, Mom.

 
On 8/26/2005 2:30 AM, Blogger gothmog said:

wait--I thought *I* was the Mom?

 
On 8/26/2005 10:11 AM, Blogger Pam said:

I likey. The colors are pleasant, and the layout is attractive and effective. Kudos to you for being able to figure out the improvements.

 
On 8/26/2005 3:12 PM, Blogger Jolene said:

Don't worry, Gothmog, you'll always be the Mom. But sometimes we have to let other people use the title, just for a little while - I think that's not too small a sacrifice to ake for the sake of art.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home