July 30, 2005

I'm back, maybe

So I'm slowly recovering from last week's trauma. Maybe ready to resume blogging again.

Of course, right now I'm still hung up on housekeeping issues. I did indeed cut and paste in all my Haloscan comments, despite the best efforts of Blogger's spam controls. Apparently, there's some maximum number of comments you can post within a certain amount of time; if you exceed it, Blogger thinks it's spam and disables all commenting on the entire blog for several hours. This happened three times before I figured out that I could get around it by repeatedly disconnecting and reconnecting my internet connection, which changed the IP address and tricked Blogger into thinking I was a different person.

I also added and cleaned up some of the links, got rid of some of the little icons I didn't like, and changed some of the colors. Nothing too drastic, but I at least like it a little better than the defaults for this template.

Anyway, I should hopefully have something more interesting to say soon. Not that I'm sure you don't love hearing all about my comments or the color of the links, or that I learned how to make a favicon, but I have a sneaking suspicion that it's probably not that interesting to you. I don't know. I could be wrong. But in any case, I think I'm done with the tinkering for now, and actual substantive posting should resume shortly.

Labels: ,

7 comments:

On 7/31/2005 11:53 AM, Blogger Badger said:

glad to see you're alive and well.

and love the favicon.

 
On 7/31/2005 1:30 PM, Blogger Jolene said:

Heh, thanks. As you might have guessed (if you were reading her site recently), Bitch Ph.D.'s site redesign was where I learned how to make it. Or, at least, learned what it was called, which led me to figure it out on my own.

 
On 7/31/2005 2:59 PM, Blogger gothmog said:

Yay! We can play on Jo's blog again!

Now all we need are some rodents to show up...

 
On 7/31/2005 4:06 PM, Blogger Badger said:

i read the word "favicon" in passing and thought it was some homage to bitch phd as a favorite internet icon. but i'm a technological dumbass that way.

so pardon me while i go copy your idea and make myself one...

 
On 7/31/2005 5:17 PM, Blogger gothmog said:

I just realized what a favicon was, and where yours was. That? is bitchin.

 
On 7/31/2005 7:58 PM, Blogger Immunegirl said:

I'm a little slow, so I can't comment on all your changes (because I will have to ruminate on them before I figure them out) but I must say that I like the color changes! Then again, you may remember that I thought a bit about color changes myself recently.

The point of this all is to say YAY!!!!! you're back. :)

 
On 8/01/2005 9:47 AM, Blogger Dweeze said:

There's rodents?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home