July 09, 2005

Fucking Hell

So I made a few minor edits to my links today and managed to fuck something up. I have no idea how or why this happened, but the post font completely changed. None of the code appears to have changed, so I don't know what's going on, and thus, I have no idea how to fix it.

It is driving me nuts. I HATE the way it looks now. HATE. I am really senstive to aesthetics when I read, and if there's something that bugs me, I can't read it. And it doesn't work so well when you can't read your own blog.

It's just such a bummer, because I spent quite a bit of time and effort making the template look they way it does, and I liked it, and I really, really didn't want to change it. But I can't leave it they way it is now. I just can't.

I soooo don't have time to be spending futzing around with a new template, but I know that if I don't, I will be unable to function because I won't be able to stop thinking about it. I know the best thing is just to do it and get on with my life.

So if you happen to check the blog in the next few days, and things look wacky, it's just me screwing around with the new look, and it should look okay (I hope) shortly.

Labels:

8 comments:

On 7/12/2005 12:38 PM, Blogger gothmog said:

This Official Notice is to inform you that you're not allowed to use the words "fucking" and "hell" next to each other without giving Landru a shout-out.

Thank you,
--The Management.

 
On 7/12/2005 12:43 PM, Blogger Jolene said:

Wait, I though it was "brak brak brak" that required attribution. Now you tell me there's more? Man, blogging is hard work.

And I have Management???? Why doesn't anyone tell me these things?

 
On 7/12/2005 12:53 PM, Blogger gothmog said:

To clarify:

"brak brak brak" (in green, of course) requires attribution, since he allegedly invented that phrase.

"Fucking Hell" is merely word association, and requires a shout-out.

And. Of course you have management. If we don't like what we're doing, we come in a night and rearrange the furniture in your template. Just to scare you up a bit. Capiche?

--the Management

 
On 7/12/2005 1:00 PM, Blogger Jolene said:

Yes, yes, I understand fully. This won't happen again.

 
On 7/12/2005 1:56 PM, Blogger gothmog said:

actually, I think threats would be more effective if they didn't have typos. This? is why I flunked Wiseguy School.

 
On 7/12/2005 2:23 PM, Blogger Jolene said:

*snicker*

 
On 7/12/2005 7:51 PM, Blogger TechNoir said:

Did you fix the font? Cause it's in the css.

 
On 7/12/2005 9:22 PM, Blogger Jolene said:

Okay, so here's where my facade of knowing HTML breaks down embarrassingly. What is the css?

Anyway, the problem was in the old template (I wrote this post before changing it), so it's a non-issue now. I do still have a copy of it, so if I could fix it, I suppose I could go back to using it, but I think I'll just leave this one.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home