March 10, 2005

I want my twenty-five dollars!

So I'm sitting here at my desk trying to decipher some very cryptic flow charts so I can summarize them in paragraph form, and my phone rings, and it's a woman asking me if I'll answer some questions for their market research about my industry, and if I say yes, I'll get $25.00. Since I am a whore, I said sure, why not. So she asks me some basic questions about the place where I work, as in, exactly what type of place it is, and how many people work there, and then says, sorry, we've already filled our quota of people who work at that type of place. Okay, then. And after I hang up the phone, it occurs to me that, given that they called me, shouldn't they have already known that information? They obviously got my number from somewhere, and determined that I was an appropriate person to target for their survey, so it just seems weird that they wouldn't already know where I work. And if they knew where I work, they could have figured out that they'd already filled their quota without ever calling me, since the information is all right there on our website. Just seems kind of weird, especially since they're a market research firm, and you'd think they'd have enough sense to, you know, do some research.

By the way, for the longest time, I've been trying to figure out how to post in other colors (mostly so I can set quotes off without resorting to italics or bold, since the blockquote function fucks up the formatting of all the text that comes after it), and I could not figure out how to do it. And then today I noticed that there's a whole other tab in the "compose post" window, and it has a convenient little color button. All this time, I've been trying to do it by HTML, except I don't actually know much HTML, and the button's been right there. God, I am clueless. Hey look, it worked!

Labels: , ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home