April 28, 2003

No, I don't have OCD, why do you ask?

I just spent way too much time mucking around with the template. The color scheme has been bugging me for a while, but I haven't had the motivation to do anything about it. Mainly, I hated the pale green in the title bar, and I also wanted to change it to something, anything else, so that it would look at least a little different from all the other Blogger blogs that used the same template.

Unfortunately, I have an exceedingly small amount of knowledge when it comes to these types of things ("these types of things" being computers, the internet, programming, html, etc.), so I assumed I would never be able to figure out how to change things, and all I would succeed in doing would be to fuck the whole thing up so badly it would kill the blog. I've avoided trying to change anything until today. I would have waited even longer, except that I was using it as an excuse to avoid doing something more pressing in my life.

Once I finally decided to do something, I figured that if I went in and changed the color codes by trial and error, I'd find something I liked fairly easily. Not so.

For some reason I can't figure out, there doesn't seem to be any pattern or correspondence between the color codes and the actual colors they encode. I tried code after code, sometimes attempting to try them in sequence, sometimes doing it randomly, and all I kept getting was an assortment of black, dark blue, and occasionally, variations on chartreuse.

Despite all the time I was wasting, I became obsessed with finding an acceptable color scheme. I did finally settle on what you see here, although I'm still not entirely crazy about it. I'd like to make the title bar a paler shade of blue, but I just don't know how. It's going to have to do for now.

Next project: changing the link color to anything other than that horrid orange. Don't even get me started on the abomination that is the color orange. That's a rant for another day.

Labels: ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home