May 17, 2008

Some things I noticed

I lived in Massachusetts when gay marriage was legalized there. Now I live in California, which, as you likely know, just legalized gay marriage. Clearly this is no coincidence.

Today I am officially announcing that I will, for an appropriate fee, move to your state of choice for the requisite amount of time to legalize gay marriage in that state. I cannot tell you how I do it. All I know is that my methods work.

*****

So you know how I mentioned that girl at my gym who thinks she's Paris Hilton? Holy shit, she has outdone herself.

Normally, it's just about how she looks. She's got the bleach-blonde hair and usually dresses in tight, all-pink clothing, usually short shorts with a word across the ass. She also wears giant sunglasses, lots of jewelry, and sometimes a baseball cap. While working out. Indoors.

Well, my parents were visiting this past weekend, and they went out for a walk around the apartment complex. When they got back, they couldn't wait to tell me about how they'd wandered into the gym, and there was a girl there with two little purse dogs in a stroller. Dogs. IN A STROLLER. That she parked next the treadmill while working out. Yeah. I asked my parents if she looked like a poor man's Paris Hilton, and they said, why yes, she did! I was sure it was the same girl.

And today, I confirmed it - she was there, with the dogs, in the stroller, at the gym. Oh, and did I mention the stroller was hot pink?

Seriously, who does that? Who puts dogs IN A STROLLER? And brings them TO THE GYM?? I mean, I know people in Southern California can be kind of ridiculous, but this on a whole other level.

Labels: , , ,

2 comments:

On 5/18/2008 10:53 AM, Blogger Dweeze said:

Can you introduce me?

 
On 5/18/2008 3:23 PM, Blogger Jolene said:

I don't know, that would require that I talk to her. I prefer to mock her silently in my head and publicly on my blog.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home