October 31, 2007

Mark your calendars

I don't care if you love or hate the Red Sox, or if you love or hate Jay Leno (for the record, I love the former, hate the latter) - you really should watch the Tonight Show on Friday, because Manny Ramirez is going to be a guest. No matter where you stand, I think we can all agree that high comedy will be in the offing.

(Also making appearances - Papelbon on Letterman tonight, which should be entertaining, because Papelbon is insane, and Big Papi on Conan Friday.)

UPDATE: Geez, kind of disappointing. Papelbon was good, but not as crazy as he could have been. Papi was okay. But Manny totally did not live up to expectations. For a guy whose every interview is a comedy routine, it had so much potential, and yet fell so flat. I blame Leno - god, he has shitty interviewing skills. Oh well.

Labels: , ,

4 comments:

On 11/04/2007 10:15 AM, Blogger Dweeze said:

I would think that both hating the Red Sox and hating Jay Leno would justify skipping.

 
On 11/04/2007 3:08 PM, Blogger Jolene said:

Come on, I hate the Yankees even more than you could possibly hate the Red Sox, and I still enjoyed Joe Torre's interview on Letterman the other night.

 
On 11/04/2007 7:52 PM, Blogger Dweeze said:

Yes, but that was Letterman. I voluntarily watch Letterman. I haven't voluntarily watched Leno in years. I'm certainly not going to watch just to see Manny.

In all honesty, the only problem I had with the Sox winning the Series this year is that I was hoping we could go the whole decade with a different World Series winner every year. That would be seriously cool. It's still pretty cool that 12 different teams have made the World Series so far this decade.

Oh, and I don't mind the Pats winning since Brady didn't have an insane game. (I've been telling friends all week that the winner of the game wasn't going to make it to the Super Bowl, and I stand by that.) The team I was playing in my money league had Brady, Moss, and Watson. Those three combined only scored one point more than I got just from Adrian Peterson.

 
On 11/05/2007 12:03 AM, Blogger Jolene said:

Okay, fair enough. If there is one thing I think we can all agree on, it is that Jay Leno sucks.

Although I of course will have to disagree and say that I'm still going with the Pats to make the Super Bowl. Barring something terrible happening, that game likely decided home field advantage in the playoffs. Peyton always has a much more difficult time in Foxboro in January than he does in the dome. (And yeah, I know they didn't have Harrison and a bunch of other good players.)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home