Things I have done in the past six days, in no particular order
1. Found a fabulous new apartment in The O.C.
2. Bought a fabulous new car. First car I have ever owned, ever.
3. Drove a car for the first time in about seven or eight years. On the freeway, even.
4. Bought a fabulous new Tempurpedic bed.
5. Had my credit card rejected for the first time in my life. Had to call them up and say, no, nothing's been stolen. It's just me, hemorrhaging money.
6. Learned that O.P.I. makes nail polish for dogs. Looks exactly like regular O.P.I. for people, except it's for dogs.
7. Saw a little girl who was the spitting image of Dick Cheney. Had the sneer and everything. It was uncanny. And also, very, very disturbing.
8. Was diagnosed with asthma. Kind of always suspected I might have it, but I'm something of a reverse-hypochondriac - I always think I'm imagining what turn out to be real health problems, so I never mention them to the doctor. Until I end up at the doctor for a regular checkup and I start having symptoms in the middle of talking to her, and she says, yeah, that's not normal.
9. Saw former Patriot Willie McGinest while waiting at the gate for my flight home from LAX. Wasn't sure whether to be giddy about seeing him or cry after remembering the whole "former" part. Anyway, not that I didn't know this, but seriously, dude is HUGE. Also, according to the guy next to us at the check-in counter, "the kid who just got kicked off American Idol" was spotted nearby, although I did not see him myself (then again, it's not like I know who he is, so it's entirely possible I could have seen him and not realized it).