March 28, 2006

Things I have done in the past six days, in no particular order

1. Found a fabulous new apartment in The O.C.

2. Bought a fabulous new car. First car I have ever owned, ever.

3. Drove a car for the first time in about seven or eight years. On the freeway, even.

4. Bought a fabulous new Tempurpedic bed.

5. Had my credit card rejected for the first time in my life. Had to call them up and say, no, nothing's been stolen. It's just me, hemorrhaging money.

6. Learned that O.P.I. makes nail polish for dogs. Looks exactly like regular O.P.I. for people, except it's for dogs.

7. Saw a little girl who was the spitting image of Dick Cheney. Had the sneer and everything. It was uncanny. And also, very, very disturbing.

8. Was diagnosed with asthma. Kind of always suspected I might have it, but I'm something of a reverse-hypochondriac - I always think I'm imagining what turn out to be real health problems, so I never mention them to the doctor. Until I end up at the doctor for a regular checkup and I start having symptoms in the middle of talking to her, and she says, yeah, that's not normal.

9. Saw former Patriot Willie McGinest while waiting at the gate for my flight home from LAX. Wasn't sure whether to be giddy about seeing him or cry after remembering the whole "former" part. Anyway, not that I didn't know this, but seriously, dude is HUGE. Also, according to the guy next to us at the check-in counter, "the kid who just got kicked off American Idol" was spotted nearby, although I did not see him myself (then again, it's not like I know who he is, so it's entirely possible I could have seen him and not realized it).

Labels: , , , ,

6 comments:

On 3/30/2006 11:36 AM, Blogger HistoryDetective said:

#7 scare me. Keep her away from the BB guns.

 
On 4/02/2006 12:15 PM, Anonymous Technoir said:

I am shocked!!! that Trixie and I didn't know about the nail polish. Gratz on all the good stuff.

 
On 4/06/2006 8:06 PM, Blogger Immunegirl said:

Advice from one person diagnosed as an asthmatic as an adult (21 in my case) to another...the thin air at 9000+ feet in the Rockies leads to lots of asthma symptoms. Ick.

Hope that all is going well in the OC. Be happy that you aren't here...it snowed yesterday.

 
On 4/06/2006 8:39 PM, Blogger Jolene said:

Heh, well I'm not quite there yet. I went out to find an apartment, then had to come back to pack up all my stuff. The movers are coming tomorrow morning (eek! so not ready!), and I'm flying out for good on Monday. They said it could take up to two weeks to get my stuff out there. What the heck am I going to do with no TV for two weeks???

 
On 4/10/2006 10:01 AM, Blogger Monstah said:

Sheez. You have only been out there for a couple of months and you are *already* calling the highway the freeway? *whack*

Did Dr Trasher diagnose your asthma? :P Hopefully, the pacific air will help that some.

Keep us updated!

 
On 4/10/2006 11:06 AM, Blogger Jolene said:

Yeah, the "freeway" thing irks me, but what are you gonna do? It's important to fit in, you know? (And yeah, I know calling it "the O.C." will mark you as a fool and an outsider, but I only do it 'cause I'm all ironic and shit.)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home