So Dweeze has tagged me for this "Four Things" meme, and it is a well-known fact that I do whatever Dweeze tells me to do. So. Four things.
Four jobs I've had:
1. Materials science lab gopher.
2. Office gopher.
3. Undergraduate research assistant.
4. Undergraduate teaching assistant.
Four movies I can watch over and over:
Not necessarily the greatest movies of all time, but that's a different category.
1. Lone Star. This is the movie Chris Cooper should have won an Academy Award for, not Adaptation.
2. Mulholland Dr.
3. Titanic. Sorry, I know there's no excuse for this one. Believe me, it's not the love story (that's the worst part), because I mostly hate sappy, sentimental movies. But the fact is, I love the meticulous period detail (especially the costumes), and, more importantly, it's a maybe-not-so-well-known fact that I'm a sucker for large-scale transportation disaster porn.
4. Full Frontal.
Four places I've lived:
(Sorry, this one's not for bloggish consumption.)
Four TV shows I love:
2. The Amazing Race.
3. The Office.
4. Eh, can't really come up with a fourth one. There are a bunch of other shows I watch regularly, but I can't say I "love" any of them (and since I still don't have cable, I'm limited to the meager offerings of broadcast teevee).
Four highly-touted TV shows I detest:
1. American Idol. Seriously, there are no words adequate to express how much I loathe this show.
2. Desperate Housewives. Although I probably wouldn't hate it as much if it just lost the awful theme music and the irritating Sue-Ellen Mischke narration. (Even then, it would still be immensely boring, so I still woudn't watch it anyway.)
3. The Apprentice. I actually forced myself to watch the last few episodes of this show last season, because my Dad knows the guy who ended up winning, but man, it was difficult. What a stupid show.
4. CSI, in any and all incarnations.
Four books I'd recommend to anyone, anytime:
Ugh, I hate this question. Here's the thing about me - I don't really read a lot of books. Which I know makes me sound really pathetic and illiterate. I do own a lot of books - I have a bad habit of buying them and then...not reading them. I don't know why. I think it has to do with the fact that I have a really short attention span. Anyway, it makes this question hard to answer because anything I say is going to sound really lame. But whatever, here you go:
1. Fatherland, by Robert Harris.
2. The Handmaid's Tale, by Margaret Atwood.
3. Nicholas and Alexandra, by Robert Massie.
4. Fatal Vision, by Joe McGinniss.
Four places I've vacationed:
2. Disney World.
3. Park City, Utah.
Four of my favorite dishes:
Depends whether you're talking generally, or from a specific source. Because there's a Malaysian resaurant here that has amazing mango chicken, but I don't know that I'd call it my favorite except from that one place. But anyway, whatever.
1. Kimbap (Korean sushi rolls containing beef, egg, spinach, carrot, and pickled radish).
2. Chicken Pho (Vietnamese noodle soup).
3. My Mom's barley-beef soup.
4. Aloo Chole (Indian chickpea and potato curry).
Four sites I visit daily:
3. Damn Hell Ass Kings.
4. And of course, Circle Of.
Four places I would rather be right now:
1. Dhoni Mighili (Maldives). It is my life's goal to marry a wealthy man solely so I can go on vacation there.
2. New York City.
Four bloggers I am tagging:
Well, I don't really like to do that, but anyone who wants to is free to take it (though I seriously doubt my blog is the first place you've seen this meme, so I assume anyone who's wanted to do it has already done so).