August 09, 2005

Maybe this will be the cure for blogger's block

Normally, I hate the whole meme phenomenon. But this one Badger has posted is fairly non-threatening, and I really, really need something to jog my brain. Seriously, people, the well? It is dry.

1. What is your first name?

None of your business.

2. Were you named after anyone?

Not that I know of.

3. Do you wish on stars?

No.

4. When did you last cry?

A few weeks ago.

5. Do you like your handwriting?

When I put effort into it, yes. But if I'm writing quickly, or tired, it looks like chicken scratches.

6. What is your favorite lunch meat?

Paper-thin, super-lean corned beef. Preferably incorporated into a reuben sandwich (on light rye, with spicy mustard, not russian dressing).

7. What is your most embarrassing CD?

Maybe the Rod Stewart. And also the Ace of Base. But my excuse for that one is that, for some reason, it was really good studying music when I was in college. So, you see, it had educational value. Yeah. And the first Wham! album (Fantastic), which is possibly the cheesiest group of songs ever assembled, but which I absolutely adore.

I also have plenty of embarrassing single tracks. Marky Mark, Lou Bega, Rick Astley, Bon Jovi all come to mind. Oh, and there's even a Backstreet Boys song in there too, but only because I was trying to test whether you can email iTunes files, and I asked my friend to email me something she knew I wouldn't own. Hence, the Backstreet Boys. Of course, this doesn't explain why I haven't deleted it.

8. If you were another person, would you be friends with you?

Probably not.

9. Do you have a journal?

I suppose, if this qualifies.

10. Do you use sarcasm a lot?

Of course not.

11. What are your nicknames?

Just a shortened form of my first name. Which, as you will recall, is still none of your business.

12. Would you bungee jump?

If I were a contestant on The Amazing Race, yes. Under any other circumstances, probably not. But strangely, I'm not sure I'd say no to skydiving.

13. Do you untie your shoes when you take them off?

No. As I've said numerous times before, I'm very lazy.

14. Do you think that you are strong?

Physically, I know I'm not. Mentally, emotionally...I don't know. I don't think so.

15. What is your favorite ice cream flavor?

Generally, pumpkin or blackberry. Best when eaten during the summer, from a roadside ice cream place in Maine.

With respect to brands, Haagen-Dazs makes the best chocolate, Dove and Breyer's make the best vanilla, and Brigham's makes the best chocolate-chip.

16. Shoe Size?

Too damn large. Every shoe-shopping trip goes exactly the same way: see cute shoes on display, usually in something like a size 5, ask for my size, recoil in horror at giant, no-longer-cute clown shoes, spend several days trying to repair self-esteem.

17. Red or pink?

Red. No contest.

18. What is your least favorite thing about yourself?

It's really too hard to choose just one thing.

19. Who do you miss most?

My Nana.

20. Do you want everyone you send this to, to send it back?

Um...clearly this was intended to be emailed. So, whatever.

21. What color pants and shoes are you wearing?

Currently wearing: Dark blue Adidas shorts, green t-shirt that says "System Design and Management" on the front, no shoes. So sexy.

22. What are you listening to right now?

Wham! - Fantastic.

23. Last thing you ate?

Small beef-and-bean burrito with green beans and roasted corn. And a cup of pickled celery.

24. If you were a crayon, what color would you be?

Periwinkle. It was always my favorite, not necessarily because of the color, but because of the name.

25. What is the weather like right now?

Hot. Humid. What else is new?

26. Last person you talked to on the phone?

My mother.

27. The first thing you notice about the opposite sex?

Ick, I always hate this kind of question. I don't know. It depends.

28. Do you like the person who sent this to you?

Well, I stole it from Badger, so yes.

29. Favorite Drink?

Pretty much any fruity, girly drink.

30. Favorite Sport?

To play: Lacrosse, tennis, running, skiing. (In theory, anyway. It's been ages since I've skied or played tennis, and playing lacrosse is pretty much impossible now for a million different reasons.)

To watch: Football, baseball.

31. Hair Color?

Dark brown.

32. Eye Color?

Brown.

33. Do you wear contacts?

I used to. Had to stop when I started a job that required me to stare at a computer for most of the day.

34. Favorite Food?

Eh, can't really pick just one. Favorite cuisine is probably Korean.

35. Last Movie You Watched?

In the theater: Hotel Rwanda.

On DVD: Kinsey. With my parents, my brother, and my brother's fiancee. Awkward.

36. Favorite Day Of The Year?

I don't know. Don't really have one.

37. Scary Movies or Happy Endings?

Scary movies, I guess. Not gory-scary, though.

38. Summer or Winter?

During summer, I want winter. During winter, I want summer.

39. Hugs or Kisses?

Depends.

40. What Is Your Favorite Dessert?

Ice cream.

41. Who Is Most Likely To do this Meme?

I don't know. This type of question is one part of the meme thing that I really hate.

42. Who Is Least Likely To do this Meme and comment?

See #41.

43. What Books Are You Reading?

At the moment, none. I have a bad habit of buying books and then never getting around to reading them.

44. What's On Your Mouse Pad?

Don't have one.

45. What Did You Watch Last night on TV?

The baseball game, without sound, reflected in the mirror in front of the treadmill (it's like bizarro baseball - most of the players are left-handed, and the batters run to third base).

46. Favorite Smells?

Lilacs, vine-ripened tomatoes, cigars, baby shampoo.

47. Favorite Sounds?

The water gently lapping at the edge of a lake, loons (the birds, not the crazy people).

48. Rolling Stones or Beatles?

Beatles.

49. What's the furthest you've been from home?

Berlin.

50. Do you have a special talent?

Self-deprecation.

51. What is your ring tone?

Normal, boring, regular ring tone. Like a phone should sound.

Labels: , , , ,

12 comments:

On 8/09/2005 10:56 AM, Blogger gothmog said:

There's nothing embarrassing about Bon Jovi. Sheesh.

You say ice cream is your favorite, and yet you obviously have never had Graeters. If you had, you'd realize the unworthyness of the others you claim to be best of brand.

And I understand that before you die, you see the ring tone. Consider yourself warned.

 
On 8/09/2005 11:02 AM, Blogger Wheeze said:

I miss you, Jo.
You make me laugh.
Did you say Lou Bega? Shhhh. Don't answer.

 
On 8/09/2005 11:07 AM, Blogger Buggy said:

I'm totally thinking of stealing this.
I love your answer for #50!
Pumpkin pie ice cream rocks

 
On 8/09/2005 1:22 PM, Blogger Jolene said:

Gothmog, are you sure you don't hear it? I think visible ring tones are more than I could deal with. And Graeter's? Is that, like, some Midwestern thing? That's almost, like, a foreign country or something.

Hi Wheeze! Yes, I said Lou Bega. I mean, the question was about embarrassing music, after all. I'm all about the honesty here.

 
On 8/09/2005 1:29 PM, Blogger Immunegirl said:

Me likey!! I think I might steal it.

As far as blogger's block goes...just go check mine out. I'm currently setting the bar REALLY low, so I can't talk.

 
On 8/09/2005 4:04 PM, Blogger Dweeze said:

I believe Goth meant Kemps ice cream.

 
On 8/09/2005 4:15 PM, Blogger gothmog said:

Was Kemps featured on Oprah? I think not.

 
On 8/09/2005 8:37 PM, Blogger Dweeze said:

Tom Cruise was featured on Oprah...

 
On 8/10/2005 12:01 AM, Blogger gothmog said:

Tom Cruise makes ice cream?

 
On 8/10/2005 9:42 AM, Blogger Dweeze said:

Haven't you heard of Tom and Jerry's?

 
On 8/11/2005 6:59 AM, Blogger Monstah said:

You could see if you could down Wham! as your ringer tone.

Love,
Monstah! <--- stealing the "!" from Wham!

PS I am soooo gonna do this on my blog!

 
On 8/11/2005 12:06 PM, Blogger Jolene said:

Monsty! You made it! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home