August 03, 2005

About Me

It's always hard getting back to the blog when you've been away for a while. I have stuff I want to say, but I'm having a hard time putting anything together into something coherent. In fact, I've written several versions of this post and erased all of them because I hated the way they sounded. It's not looking good, people. Anyway, while I'm still working my way back into blogging mode, I thought, as a transitional post, I might tell you a little about myself:

I enjoy almost any vegetable in the pickled state. Currently, I have a gallon of pickled celery in my fridge.

I have a friend who looks like an 85% scale version of Carl Everett, but without the crazy.

I love thunderstorms. Last night, we had one of the most violent storms I've ever seen. The cat, normally not afraid of much, was so terrified he went and hid under the bed until it was over. I, on the other hand, went and stood outside on the balcony.

I am distantly related to "musician" Kenny G, Hall of Fame jockey Chris McCarron, and sportscaster Rich Eisen.

I have never seen any of the Star Wars movies, or read any of the Harry Potter books, and I have no plans to ever do so.

I went to high school with two people who have been on TV.

I will watch almost any movie that takes place on an airplane.

I have two-inch scar on my leg that is the result of an injury sustained while shopping in Bloomingdale's.

I live in the same neighborhood as a former presidential candidate, and I have seen him at the supermarket.

Dolly Parton is persona non grata 'round these parts. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

Labels: , , , ,

5 comments:

On 8/03/2005 9:41 AM, Blogger Dweeze said:

If Dolly's not welcome, then neither am I...

 
On 8/03/2005 9:51 AM, Blogger Badger said:

pickled celery!? a gallon of it!? wow. you always seemed more of a dilly bean kind of gal to me.

 
On 8/03/2005 11:21 AM, Blogger Jolene said:

Oh Dweeze. Of course you are welcome. And if you don't stop pouting, I might just have to get Dolly and her boobs to come here and teach you a lesson. (Don't laugh. I've been to Dollywood. I know where she lives.)

And the pickled celery is mighty tasty. It's from a place in New York City, and the last time I got some, I only got a small container, and I ate it all at once, so this time I had to get more. I also neglected to mentioned that in addition to the celery, I also have a gallon of marinated mushrooms from the same place. Best onces you ever tasted.

I don't know what a dilly bean is, though.

 
On 8/03/2005 11:51 AM, Blogger Immunegirl said:

You liked that thunderstorm? Hmmm. I think that is the craziest thing on the list. That thunderstorm was scary.

 
On 8/04/2005 8:22 AM, Blogger Landru said:

Don't feel so threatened. You sound nothing like Dolly Parton.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home