April 11, 2005

Some observations...

...made while putting off the things I am supposed to be doing, and also, maybe I might be back to blogging on my sort-of-regular-schedule-even-
though-it-was-never-really-that-regular-in-the-first-place, but I'm still not guaranteeing anything


I watched this new show last night called Grey's Anatomy. I'm not sure the world really needs another show about doctors, but whatever. I haven't decided if it's any good or not yet, but I'll at least commit saying it isn't terrible, although the woman playing the sort-of main character is a really bad actress. However, Patrick Dempsey is cute, so that might balance things out.

Anyway, here's a sign that perhaps I am having trouble separating reality from fiction. There's this kind-of hard-assed resident on the show, and I thought she looked really familiar, and I realized that she played Army Private Johnson in the movie Lone Star, in which her criminal ex-boyfriend shot her current boyfriend right in front of her in the middle of a crowded bar, and then later she got caught doing drugs. So I'm watching her play a doctor on Grey's Anatomy, and I'm thinking, good for her! She really turned her life around.

Yeah, I know, I have issues.

In other news, you can tell procrastination is at its worst by the fact that I am now sporting nail polish on both my fingers and my toes. If you know me at all, you know I hate putting nail polish on because I am possibly the least coordinated person on the planet, and I just end up looking like that woman in Airplane, except the polish is all over my fingers instead of my face. Then I have to spend hours carfully using nail polish remover to get it all off, and I invariably smudge at least one or more nails while doing that, and then I have to start all over again. I think you can see why it's not something I do on a regular basis. Also, I'm kind of clumsy with my fingers, so I usually chip it within a day of putting it on, so it just isn't worth it. (And in case you are wondering, the cheap part of me simply cannot bear to pay someone to give me a manicure.) So yeah, despite all that, I painted all my nails, so you can tell I really didn't want to confront my responsibilites.

ETA: I was thinking about this the other day, and was going to say something about it, but I forgot when I first wrote this post (I guess I could make a new post, but I don't feel like it, and plus, I was already talking about TV up there, so it seems like it fits here).

Anyway, needless to say, I will not be watching this new show Revelations. But I just wanted to mention how hilarious it is that Fred "touch my balls and my ass" Durst is a member of the cast. It's kind of like if they cast Paris Hilton to play a nun. Unless of course, he's playing the devil or something. (His character's name is Ogden. I don't know the bible very well - is that a bad guy?) Still, they couldn't have found anyone else? Because, ew.

Labels: , , , , ,

12 comments:

On 7/29/2005 4:55 PM, Anonymous Dweeze said:

Painted woman!

04.11.05 - 4:41 pm

 
On 7/29/2005 4:55 PM, Blogger Jolene said:

Okay, forive my ignorance, but...reference please?

04.11.05 - 5:30 pm

 
On 7/29/2005 4:56 PM, Anonymous Dweeze said:

None really. I mean, that used to be what the fundamentalists of previous eras called women wearing makeup. Right? Where's Buggy when you need her? She's old...

04.11.05 - 5:39 pm

 
On 7/29/2005 4:56 PM, Blogger Jolene said:

So...what you're saying is, I'm a whore, then? I mean, not that it's not true, but I'm just trying to understand.

04.11.05 - 5:43 pm

 
On 7/29/2005 4:57 PM, Anonymous Gothmog said:

I am now sporting nail polish on both my fingers and my toes

You only have two fingers and toes? I'll bet people are always thinking that you're just flipping them off.

And how in the world did I beat Dweeze to this joke?

04.11.05 - 7:18 pm

 
On 7/29/2005 4:58 PM, Anonymous Gothmog said:

And? the two finger thing is probably why you have trouble applying it. Just sayin

04.11.05 - 7:19 pm

 
On 7/29/2005 5:00 PM, Anonymous Kim said:

I knew what you meant by painted woman, but that's probably because I'm RNM and Jolene isn't.

Oh, and Jolene? I did NOT need the descriptor on old Fred. I'd almost forgotten about that, thankyouverymuch. Now I need to hose out my brain again.

04.11.05 - 7:23 pm

 
On 7/29/2005 5:01 PM, Blogger Jolene said:

Well, if I only have two fingers, how do you know they're my middle fingers, huh? Maybe they're my index fingers, and people just think I'm pointing at them. (Like the male synchronized swimmers. "You're not angry at him. You're just pointing at him. Hey you! I know you!")

And yes, that might explain the trouble with the nail polish. However, aren't you impressed with my typing skills? I told you I was talented.

And Kim? Sorry. Hee.

04.11.05 - 10:26 pm

 
On 7/29/2005 5:01 PM, Anonymous Dweeze said:

I'm not calling you, or anyone else for that matter, a whore. I was trying for a joke, but it seems you are too young to be a member of my target audience. Or of the Target audience, for that matter.

04.12.05 - 9:46 am

 
On 7/29/2005 8:03 PM, Blogger Jolene said:

Aw Dweeze, I was joking, too!

Anyway, I prefer to claim cluelessness rather than youth. :)

04.12.05 - 11:31 am

 
On 7/29/2005 8:04 PM, Anonymous Buggy said:

Okay, so is it bad that I got the "painted woman" joke, just as Weasel knew I would?

Thanks for the laugh Jolene, that actress turning her life around, cracked me up!

04.13.05 - 9:00 am

 
On 7/29/2005 8:05 PM, Anonymous Pam said:

Heh. I got the whole painted woman thing too. Geeze does that make me as old as Buggy. :-(

I finally saw Grey's Anatomy too, I kinda think it sucked, and I love medical type shows, since I used to work in a hospital.

Eyes is a much better new show, but isn't getting nearly the hype that Grey's is. Whatever.

I didn't bother with Revelations either, didn't interest me in the slightest.

I am kinda peeved that I missed the new Dallas show though. Looked like I could do some serious laughing at that one. Oh well, there's always next week.

04.17.05 - 10:30 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home