January 13, 2005

I hope I don't regret this

I did it. I changed the title.

Like I said in the last post, I hated the old title. It was the title of a song, and I liked the song. It was a fun, kicky song. But it never really felt like me, whatever that means.

So I was thinking for a long time about what I would change it to. I am not a very creative person, so I didn't even bother trying to come up with something original. Mostly I tried sifting through my music collection to try to find something interesting and appropriate, as well as obscure enough that it wasn't immediately obvious where it came from, and not too long (yes, I know was obsessing and overthinking this - that's what I do). As you might imagine, that was a tall order.

I tentatively settled on something from another Cake song, because I thought it would at least go with my "name" Jolene (also from a Cake song). But I still wasn't crazy about it.

Then I got this wacky idea that I could reinstate the name of my old blog, the one I had before this one, which no longer exists. The name of that blog was actually the only thing about it that I wanted to keep when I deleted it. It not only fits my personality (sadly enough), but it has what I think is a pretty funny backstory, which I had completely forgotten about until just now. So it makes me laugh, which is always a good thing.

Anyway, if you have a link to my blog, the URL didn't change, so all you have to do is change the link text. Sorry for the inconvenience. I promise I won't do this again!

At least not for a little while...

Labels: ,

2 comments:

On 1/13/2005 9:37 AM, Blogger Dweeze said:

So, no elaboration on the backstory?

 
On 1/13/2005 11:41 AM, Blogger Jolene said:

How did I know you would ask? ;)

Anyway, can't/won't post it here, but I'll email you later.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home