December 29, 2003

Who are you, and what have you done with my mother?

This week's sign of the apocalypse: I'm in the car with my mother this weekend, and we're arguing over who was responsible for putting the radio on the crap top 40 station (I think we ended up concluding that it was actually already set to it from when my brother was using the car the day before), when a new song starts, and it's Eminem's "Lose Yourself", and my mother actually turns the radio up and says, in response to my perplexed, probably horrified expression, "What? I like this song. I think he's very talented." Don't get me wrong - I don't hate Eminem (although I don't particularly like him, either), but this is the same mother who normally listens to what is generally referred to as "soft rock" or "adult contemporary" (or what I refer to as "pure unadulterated musical evil"). I don't know. I just don't know.

Labels: ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home