October 24, 2003

Quick change

This morning, while ascending the escalator out of the subway, I oberserved a strange sight. The woman standing in front of me put her purse and notebook down on the steps and started to take off her shoes. I had no idea why she would do such a thing and was all, "What the...?" until I saw her take out a pair of heels from her bag, put them on, put her other shoes back into her bag, and pick everything up in time to step off the top of the escalator without missing a beat. I went from confused contempt to jealous awe in the span of about ten seconds. That woman is my hero.

In other news, my company has hired three women in the last week who have names far more appropriate for strip clubs than the corporate world. I'm not sure what to make of this.

Labels: , ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home