April 16, 2003

Why should I be surprised?

Yet again, I went and did a search for something after having made some major decision about it. Yes, rather than before. Why do I do this? It's like I'm intentionally trying to aggravate myself or something.

Remember back when I first started this blog, and how I named it Have Fun, Go Mad? And then after I named it, I did a Google search and found out about the line dancing? Yeah, remember that?

Well, I gone done it again. Recently, I gave a heartfelt eulogy for my Clairol True-to-Light makeup mirror, which had died. In its place, out of desperation, I spent obscene amount of money on a new one.

A few days later, I decided to stick "True-to-Light" into my handy-dandy Google toolbar, just for the hell of it. Again, perhaps I should have thought of this before I went to the store, but alas, hindsight is 20/20. Always is, isn't it?

What should come up as the first hit? By golly, it's the Remington True-to-Light deluxe makeup mirror, on sale at your local neighborhood drugstore.com. It's virtually identical to my Clairol True-to-Light. And it costs, no, not $100, but $35. Thirty-five. Are you fucking kidding me? Is this some kind of cruel joke?

I mean, yes, I was desperate for a new mirror. But I think I could have waited a few more days if I knew for sure I'd be getting exactly what I wanted.

Honestly, what is wrong with me? Why do I never think to do informational searches before I make decisions? Why do have such a morbid curiosity to find out just how much I may have screwed myself?

And before you say anything, yes, I suppose I could probably return the expensive one I bought and order the cheaper one. However, the major obstacle is that it takes time that I don't have, and hassle that I simply can't deal with right now.

At least it's a pretty nice mirror. It's not like I paid $100 for the exact same mirror I could have gotten for $35. It's much nicer. Well, maybe much is too strong a word, but it is nicer. Don't you love my extraordinary ability to rationalize?

Labels: , , ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home